Paul Q. Goyette
Paul is an entrepreneur, trial lawyer, business builder and visionary. Paul founded and is the Chief Executive Officer of the law firm of Goyette & Associates, Inc. Paul is also the founder of RN Guardian and EMS Guardian which offers prepaid legal programs to Paramedics, EMT’s and California Registered Nurses and Paul is the CEO of G Ventures, LLC and a Board Member and owner of Primal Quest LLC.
For 24 years, Paul has represented all types of public sector employees and employee organizations. Immediately following law school, Paul began working for the law firm of Silver, Hadden & Silver in Los Angeles. Then in 1992 he founded Goyette & Associates Inc. (G&A). Here is a brief overview of Paul’s legal experience:
- 40 plus cases to jury verdict in both Federal and State Court;
- Trial counsel in complex class action law suits;
- Serves as Chief Legal Counsel for over 100 public and private sector employee organizations as well as small and medium sized businesses;
- Complex civil litigation matters in both Federal and State court for plaintiffs and defendants;
- Extensive trial experience in complex criminal defense matters in both Federal and State court;
- Responsible for client development and marketing policies;
- Oversees teams of lawyers in diverse departments with varied legal practices.
The basis of Paul’s trial and litigation practice is simple: get the best possible result at the earliest possible time for his clients. Paul has unparalleled trial skills that allow him to be a preeminently effective advocate for his clients. His representation experience includes over 40 jury trials to verdict, numerous court trials and a countless number of arbitrations, mediations and other administrative proceedings. Paul’s best asset is the ability to assemble a unique team of professionals who are allowed and encouraged to work in their area of expertise to provide the highest quality service to G&A clients to create the opportunity for the best results.
- Represented Sheriff Deputy in homicide trial arising from suspect death following Deputy’s use of force.
- Represented police captain in obstruction of justice and conspiracy trial in Federal court.
- Represented correctional sergeant in civil rights, obstruction of justice and conspiracy trial in Federal court.
- Represented elected government official in obstruction of justice, false statements and conspiracy charges in Federal court.
- Represented probation officer in an accessory to homicide and conspiracy case.
- Represented class of police officers in discrimination and harassment suit based on sexual orientation.
- Represented private sector employee organization in complex litigation against US Department of Labor in Federal Court.
- Represented public sector employee organizations in complex fact finding and biding arbitration proceeding regarding collective bargaining impasse.
- Founder and CEO of Goyette & Associates, Inc.,; built company form sole proprietorship to existing multi-million dollar corporation.
- Founder of CEO of License Defenders Inc. DBA EMS Guardian and RN Guardian.
- Founder and CEO of G Ventures LLC, an entrepreneurial and investment company.
- Founded innovated and cutting edge client development and marketing strategies for all companies.
- Bachelor of Science, Forest Genetics, California State University, Humboldt, Arcata, CA;
- Xi Sigma Pi Honor Society
- Juris Doctor, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA,
- admitted to the California State Bar 1988, State Bar No. 137250;
- admitted to the United States District Court of the Eastern District of California Central District and the United States District Court of the Northern District of California
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Frequent lecturer and presenter for the Peace Officer Research Association of California on a wide array of topic affecting police officers:
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Skelly hearings
- Legal Defense Fund (LDF) panel attorney
- Officer Involved Shooting (OIS)
- Death in Custody (DIC)
- Grievance arbitration
- Public Safety Officer’s Procedural Bill of Rights Act (POBR) violations
- Use of Force
- LIUNA, UPEC Local 792 Rights of Employees- Presenter 2006
- California Pension Reform – Presenter 2011
- California Pension Reform – Presenter 2011
- California State Bar presenter 2009 and 2010
Visit us online at the following locations: www.rnguardian.com, www.emsguardian.com, www.paulgoyetteblog.com and follow goyetteandassoc on Twitter and find Paul and the Goyette team on Facebook! For more on Paul, including his cases, clients, articles, and press coverage, click here.