Our team provides employee and employer representation; filing lawsuits on behalf of employees, helping employers build, grow and defend their businesses. The Sacramento Civil Litigation Attorneys of Goyette & Associates handle the following matters:
- Harassment, Discrimination and Termination related employment matters, Equal Pay Act, Whistleblower violations, Defamation, to ensure compliance with the newest regulations passed by the legislature.
- Business litigation: Trade secrets, start up planning, protection of data/privacy issues, intellectual property concerns.
- Severance package negotiations.
- Breach of contract and contract enforcement.
- Business dissolution agreements.
- Retaliation actions before the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- Legal Consulting for local and out-of-state businesses who have employees in California, to assist them in California’s complicated legislative and business regulations
- Analysis and Opinions of new and anticipated legislation affecting California employers
- Labor Code Issues: classification of employees, independent contractor agreements, vacation and comp time issues
- Seminars to educate and train: California’s mandatory sexual harassment compliance, religious requests in the workplace, advice on hiring and firing, Electronic Discovery, Deposition practice in employment cases.
- Litigation: All tribunals, including administrative, state and federal court. Class action wage and hour litigation.
Some of the issues covered by our civil litigation cases include enforcement of the Peace Officers’ Bill of Rights and the State Constitutional rights against the Office of Inspector General, the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and the Department of Personnel Administration, and some California cities and counties. We also deal extensively Defamation and Anti-SLAPP matters, where we’ve had a string of successes. Our practice includes enforcement of the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, for private employers and unions. On the public sector side of her practice, we commonly represent members of the Legal Defense Fund (local Deputies and Officers employed in neighboring cities and counties) in civil rights cases filed in federal court. We also provide counsel to California Correctional Supervisors Organization (CCSO), where we have assisted in drafting legislation on behalf of the union, for the benefit of law enforcement.
The Sacramento Civil Litigation Attorneys practice also includes complex administrative appeals that have been filed in Superior Court, such as Petitions for Writ of Mandate, and employment related matters for both law enforcement based employees and private sector employees.
Please give us a call when you have to win. Contact G&A’s Civil Litigation Trial Lawyers for a discrete and professional review of your case.