David J. Garcia
Attorney at Law
Education / Associations
- David earned his Juris Doctorate from University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law
David has been a member of the Goyette & Associates team since 2011 and has been working in Public Safety and Public Sector Employee representation since 2000.
Responsible for the firm’s Modesto office, David Garcia specializes in representing law enforcement, firefighters and public sector employees in all labor matters that arise in the course of their employment. He also represents registered nurses and licensed vocational nurses in matters related to license revocation proceedings.
After the loss of a family member (Police Officer) in the line of duty in 2005, David has focused his efforts on the effective representation of peace officers throughout the State. The experience galvanized his efforts to ensure prompt and thorough representation of peace officers in all facets of their careers and labor needs, and he now has more than ten years’ experience representing clients in matters ranging from grievances to disciplinary arbitration.
David particularly enjoys representing hard working public safety members due to the increasing public scrutiny these individuals experience. “I particularly enjoy representing clients on cases involving the use of force where expert testimony is required,” he says. “I find that the more work that is invested into a case at its inception generally results in a more favorable outcome.”
David is originally from Salinas CA and in his free time, he enjoys golfing and brewing his own beer.
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Skelly hearings
- “White v. Sacramento” due process hearings
- Legal Defense Fund (LDF) panel attorney
- Death in Custody (DIC) proceedings
- Grievance arbitration
- Public Safety Officer’s Produce Bill of Rights Act (POBR) violations
- Firefighter’s Procedural Bill of Rights Act violations
- Public Employee Relations Board (PERB) unfair labor practice proceedings
- National Labor Relations Board proceedings
- State Personnel Board Evidentiary Hearings
- Nurse representation before the Board of Registered Nursing
- Nurse representation before the Board of Vocational Nursing & Psychiatric Technicians
Request a Free Legal Consultation
Contact Goyette & Associates for a free consultation. We will respond right away and work with your budget.