Attorney at Law
Education / Associations
- Nicole earned her B.A. in Political Science from the University of Central Florida
- She received her JD from University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law.
Nicole Valentine joined Goyette and Associates in 2013. Her practice at the firm primarily focuses on professionals facing criminal complaints, complaints against their licenses, and employer-based investigations for misconduct.
Prior to joining Goyette and Associates, Nicole primarily handled a criminal caseload where she successfully negotiated dismissals, reductions of felonies to misdemeanors, dismissal of strikes in exchange for non-strike counts, and reductions of misdemeanors to infractions. She successfully argued motions to suppress evidence, motions to dismiss for lack of speedy trial, and pre-trial motions to keep out evidence. She received praise from judges and supervisors for her superior representation of both adult and juvenile clients.
Nicole was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She earned her B.A. in Political Science from the University of Central Florida and her JD from University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law.
Outside of work Nicole enjoys yoga, running, and hiking.
In her criminal practice, Nicole represents clients facing DUI allegations, possession of controlled substances, drug diversion allegations, domestic violence, and theft. From arraignment to jury trial she represents clients at all stages of criminal proceedings. She has successfully negotiated wet and reckless charges for her DUI clients. Additionally, Ms. Valentine has negotiated dismissals for her drug diversion clients where the nurse has no reporting obligation to the nursing board.
Nicole has represented numerous licensed professionals and has appeared before the Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA), the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), the Board of Licensed Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT), the Chiropractic Board, and the Board of Respiratory Therapists. From investigation to Accusation, Ms. Valentine has achieved positive outcomes for her clients. Notably, Nicole has also assisted many registered nurses with achieving Citation and Fines, which are not disciplinary in nature.
With respect to her representation of employees, Nicole has represented clients at internal affairs interviews, Skelly hearings, and has appeared before Arbitrators, the State Personnel Board, Civil Service Commissions, and the Public Employee Relations Board where she has reversed terminations of employment in some cases.
- Member of the National Council of Jewish Women
- Represented client accused of gross negligence and unprofessional conduct at hearing. Result: Accusation dismissed by judge and adopted by Board of Registered Nursing.
- Represented client accused of driving under the influence before the Board of Registered Nursing. Result: Accusation dismissed by judge and adopted by Board.
- Represented a nurse with 2 DUI convictions before the Nursing Board. Result: Client was able to keep her nursing license and her employment status as a Director of Nursing.
- Represented a nurse with a .23% BAC DUI conviction before the Nursing Board. Result: Won client Public Reproval after hearing and Board adopted decision.
- Represented a nurse whose license was revoked due to failure to file notice of defense. Result: Restored the client’s nursing license reversing the revocation and negotiated a stipulated settlement of probation.
- Represented a nurse charged with the crime of practicing without a license. Result: Negotiated a dismissal of charges with the District Attorney and reversed a Citation and Fine issued by the Nursing Board.
- Represented a nurse charged with 17 felony counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud. Result: Negotiated a dismissal of charges in exchange for client’s completion of treatment and payment of restitution.
- Represented a firefighter charged with 7 felony counts of embezzlement. Result: Negotiated a single misdemeanor with informal probation.
- Represented a nurse charged with DUI with a .15 BAC. Result: Negotiated a wet reckless, client received a citation and fine from the Nursing Board.
- Represented a firefighter charged with a DUI. Result: Negotiated a wet reckless and reduced the disciplinary penalty in client’s employment.
- Represented a firefighter with a 0.09 BAC. Result: Negotiated a dry reckless and prevailed at DMV hearing reinstating client’s driver’s license.
- Represented two County employees facing termination for dishonesty. Results: Reversed termination of employment at administrative hearing and arbitration.
- Represented a psychiatric technician charged with felony drug sales. Results: Negotiated a simple possession felony eligible to be reduced to a misdemeanor upon successful completion of probation.
- Represented a firefighter involved in an administrative investigation for use of controlled substances. Results: Investigation unsubstantiated.
By: Paul Goyette A recent string of California Superior Court and Court of Appeals Decisions indicate a clear trend to decline various employee and employer organization challenges to PEPRA. PEPRA is a form of pension reform law that was passed in 2012 and became effective January 1, 2013. PEPRA made several changes to the California public sector pension systems....
Attorney Brett Sherman of Goyette & Associates successfully represented a State of California Employee in the overturning of a voided appointment. Employee X* was promoted to a Staff Services Manager I (SSM) position within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in 2007. Employee X worked in that capacity until 2013, at which time Employee X...
by: Nicole Valentine It would be an understatement to say that 2017 was one of the most rewarding years in my practice as a criminal, labor, and licensing attorney. Below are some of the most notable results I achieved for my clients in each of these areas: One of the most important highlights of this year was when I won a client a full dismissal of all counts of an...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Request a Free Legal Consultation
Contact Goyette & Associates for a free consultation. We will respond right away and work with your budget.