Rachel E. Simons
Attorney at Law
Education / Associations
- Rachel attended McGeorge School of Law.
- Rachel graduated second in her class, earning her Juris Doctorate with Great Distinction.
- She received a Capital Lawyering concentration and was on the Dean’s List each year.
- She is a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society and the Traynor Society.
- She attended undergrad at San Diego State University, double-majoring in Journalism and Political Science.
Rachel Simons joined Goyette & Associates in 2017 as a full-time law clerk, while she attended McGeorge School of Law in the evening. Rachel passed the July 2018 California Bar Exam and became an attorney at Goyette & Associates in December 2018.
At McGeorge School of Law, Rachel graduated second in her class, earning her Juris Doctorate with Great Distinction. She received a Capital Lawyering concentration and was on the Dean’s List each year. She is a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society and the Traynor Society. She attended undergrad at San Diego State University, double-majoring in Journalism and Political Science.
At Goyette & Associates, Rachel Simons is in the Civil Litigation Department, working mostly with partners Paul Goyette and Gary Goyette on cases in both federal and state court. Rachel handles and is engaged in all aspects of civil litigation, including drafting pleadings, issuing and responding to written discovery, making and opposing motions, conducting and analyzing legal research, and preparing for both deposition and trial testimony. In representation of Defendants, she has already successfully had claims dismissed in federal court, initiated Cross Complaints in Superior Court, and prepared for other claims compelled to private arbitration and mediation. Rachel’s attention to detail, along with her skill at addressing the variety of concerns raised by clients, helps provide successful representation in the Goyette & Associates Civil Litigation Department.
- Prior to joining Goyette & Associates, Rachel worked in and around the California State Assembly for over five years, where she gained immeasurable legislative and political experience.
- Rachel is licensed to practice in all state courts and in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Northern Districts of California.
- Rachel was born in Ventura County but attended high school in Sacramento.
- Published works include:
- Co-author, “If You’re Sued Due To Use of Force on the Job, Call LDF,” PORAC Magazine, July 2020.
Request a Free Legal Consultation
Contact Goyette & Associates for a free consultation. We will respond right away and work with your budget.