Teachers and Certificated Education Employees
The Goyette & Associates, Inc., Labor & Employment Division includes specialists in representing teachers and other certificated education employees in California, in partnership with Teacher Guardian and CA Independent Teachers . We are one of the only California law firms that represents California teachers in unions that are not affiliated with the California Teachers Association (CTA) or the California Federation of Teachers (CFT). Our clients are independent teacher associations that have complete control of their policies, dues (usually a half to a third of what traditional teacher unions charge), and representation.
If you are a California public or charter schoolteacher or certificated education employee and are looking for an alternative to your current representation, Goyette & Associates, Inc. can provide you with options and roadmap to accomplishing the transition.
Goyette & Associates’ Labor & Employment Teacher Representation services include:
Independent Teacher Associations
- Our team can you with each step in entity creation, from formation to maintenance and administration of corporations, LLC’s, partnerships and more.
- Advice and assistance in navigating recognition or decertification procedures.
- Best practices for starting and operating an independent teacher association.
Traditional Public School Representation
- We are one of the only California law firms that have assisted public school teachers with creating their independent association and breaking away from traditional union affiliates.
- We provide collective bargaining, contract enforcement, and other labor representation.
- Individual teacher representation for disciplinary investigations and proposed actions.
Charter School Teacher Representation
- We represent charter school teachers that want labor representation but don’t want to be a part of traditional teacher union (that is often not very pro-charter).
- All labor and employment services, including collective bargaining, grievances, Unfair Practice Charges, and advocacy on behalf of the teachers to the administration and school boards.
Individual Teacher Representation
- Teachers that have no representation or are unhappy with it often retain our attorneys to represent them in investigations and/or disciplinary actions.
Our Teacher Representation
G&A’s Teacher Representation is one of our fastest growing practice areas. California teachers looking for alternatives for themselves and their colleagues to obtain superior representation at a lower cost and with full local control have been seeking out Goyette & Associates to assist them in making the transition. The process can be difficult and sometimes contentious, but it is manageable and made simple by our experts in the field.
By: Paul Goyette A recent string of California Superior Court and Court of Appeals Decisions indicate a clear trend to decline various employee and employer organization challenges to PEPRA. PEPRA is a form of pension reform law that was passed in 2012 and became effective January 1, 2013. PEPRA made several changes to the California public sector pension systems....
Attorney Brett Sherman of Goyette & Associates successfully represented a State of California Employee in the overturning of a voided appointment. Employee X* was promoted to a Staff Services Manager I (SSM) position within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in 2007. Employee X worked in that capacity until 2013, at which time Employee X...
by: Nicole Valentine It would be an understatement to say that 2017 was one of the most rewarding years in my practice as a criminal, labor, and licensing attorney. Below are some of the most notable results I achieved for my clients in each of these areas: One of the most important highlights of this year was when I won a client a full dismissal of all counts of an...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Request a Free Legal Consultation
Contact Goyette & Associates for a free consultation. We will respond right away and work with your budget.