Statement to Our Clients, COVID-19 Labor Issues
Goyette & Associates is proud to represent California’s finest on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. From nurses and utility districts, to peace officers and EMT/fire personnel, you are giving your all to serve citizens during these unprecedented times, and it is our promise to do the same for you.
While our physical offices are closed, our firm is open in its entirety and available to assist our clients with all services spanning our seven practice areas, including providing guidance ad representation around the unique labor issues arising in response to COVID-19.
The landscape is changing by the day, but these issues already include:
- Consideration of COVID-19 as a presumptive work-related injury
- Provision of 4850 benefits for all employees who contract COVID-19
- Accommodations for employees in high risk groups
- Allowance of telecommuting for employees who can work from home
- Allowance of employees to utilize accrued leaves if they wish to self-isolate
- Paid administrative leave rights if ordered home or quarantined after an exposure, until confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 or is cleared to return to work by a medical professional.
- Accommodations (hotel, browned out station, etc.) at the agency’s expense if quarantined
- Meeting and conferring over a variety of additional working condition issues (e.g., workplace safety, testing, schedule changes, contacts with the public, etc.)
Again, G&A is happy to be a resource for you during this trying time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, comments or concerns. We will be updating our blog with breaking news as we learn more about COVID-19 and its implications for our clients, as well.
What Happens if I Die Without an Estate Plan in California?By: Rafael Ruano, Esq. and Caitlyn...
Attention Nurses: Department of Consumer Affairs Fraud Scam Alert An attempted fraud scheme is...
Do hospitals need to disclose to EMTs, Paramedics and Firefighters if/when a patient they assisted has COVID19?
Do hospitals need to disclose to EMTs, Paramedics and Firefighters if/when a patient they assisted...
Can a past conviction hold you back from employment and can you get your conviction expunged? Do you...
Request a Free Legal Consultation
Contact Goyette & Associates for a free consultation. We will respond right away and work with your budget.